As the deadline for the 25th May is approaching, it feels like all everyone is talking about is GDPR and what it will mean for businesses, large and small.
So in an online world of endless, confusing information about what GDPR is.. we have devised the Top 5 things that you need to know and how to action it for your business.
1. GDPR will affect your business – no business in the U.K is excluded from the requirement to be complaint with GDPR, this covers all sectors and verticals.
2. Brexit makes no difference – regardless of when we leave the EU and what the final deal is, the Government will transition the regulations into British law on that date, this has been defined in the British Data Protection Bill.
3. With GDPR you are required to prove compliance – under the DPA you could simply say you where complaint with no proof required, with GDPR the focus heavily shifts to being able to prove that you are complaint and the steps that have been taken.
Regardless of when we leave the EU and what the final deal is, the Government will transition the regulations into British law on that date.
4. Its not just about IT – although most systems in a modern business will be related to IT, GDPR is not just a problem for your IT department or provider it will effect you whole business and will require changes in most areas of all business and their practices.
5. Its not too late to act – you still have time to get your business complaint.
Get in touch with one of our expert consultants now 012345 433900 or firstname.lastname@example.org